Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hit the Road, Jack





Just got back from an extended weekend in Atlanta, Georgia  - a tiring but rewarding trip to be sure. The mirror shot above gives some indication of how I'm feeling after a whirlwind four days out of the country. Still, I appreciate the break. One thing I'm proud of over these past 10+ years is introducing my kids to the love of traveling. I know in their lives, they will have opportunities to see and do more than I ever will. In the past few years, I have felt an increasing urgency to spend time with them, as well as with family and friends, in places near and far from home. I want to be able to walk the streets of cities and lands while I am still mobile and, though traveling has been more complicated by PD, I have been undeterred to date. I hope this continues. 

Now, I'm conscious that this isn't a travelogue but a blog. Permit me, however, to share a few pictures of some of these trips not only to highlight where we've been but let you see how much they've grown!. More to follow as we have Europe on the docket this year! 

California, 2008
Seattle, 2008
Nova Scotia, 2009

Chicago, 2010

Italy, 2010
NYC, 2011

NYC, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment